[music-dsp] OSC problem on STM32F4Discovery

Ross Bencina rossb-lists at audiomulch.com
Mon Apr 9 10:24:53 EDT 2012

Hello Julian,

Assuming all variables are integers, if phase doesn't divide TABLESIZE
then you will get a different waveform amplutude for adjacent cycles.
Perhaps that's what you're seeing?

At each cycle start the he value of phase will be different. The pattern
of different waveforms will repeat at the rate of the LCM of phaseInc
and TABLESIZE.

Usually you would use a fixed point phase accumulator and phase
increment so you can have subsample accurate increment. That won't
change the fact that frequencies that don't have an integer-sample
period will look different each cycle.

Ross.