[Portaudio] linux/ALSA issue?

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.stanford.edu
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

Unfortunately, ALSA's oss-emulation doesn't always behave the way it
is supposed to.  I've had similar problems with my code.  From my
experience, it looks like you need native ALSA api code to use the
ALSA drivers ... forget about oss-emulation unless you are doing the
most basic of things (xmms works).  Since portaudio is attempting to
query device capabilities, there are likely to be problems.

--gary