[Portaudio] compile on mingw winxp for use with jack

Stelios Bounanos sb-lst at enotty.net
Fri Dec 11 11:21:04 EST 2009

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:13:35PM +0000, Stelios Bounanos wrote:
>> Hi Gabriel,
>>
>> > On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:32:58 +0100, linux at gabriel-striewe.de said:
>>
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > I tried today to compile portaudio on mingw using the wmme backend. My
>> > goal will be to use portaudio as a backend for jackd. I however
>> > could't compile successfully.
>>
>> Are you using the latest svn snapshot?
>>

> I do apologize, I tried compiling the stable release. With the svn
> version it compiles fine. However, I see in the portaudio wiki only
> instructions on how to compile asio support with msvc, not with
> mingw. Is this possible with mingw? Any instructions?

I have only tested this with the mingw cross compiler on Debian (gcc
4.2.1-sjlj and 4.4.1), but it should also work with mingw on xp:

  ./configure --with-winapi=wmme,asio --with-asiodir=/your/path/to/asiosdk2

where asiosdk2 is the top level directory contained in asiosdk2.2.zip:

  % ls /your/path/to/asiosdk2
  asio  changes.txt  common  driver  host  mac.sea.hqx  readme.txt

And in these messages there is some info on how to cross compile
PortAudio for win32 on Debian, if that's useful:

  http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/portaudio/2009-October/009546.html
  http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/portaudio/2009-November/009551.html

Regards,
Stelios.