[Portaudio] MemFunCallbackStream to capture audio from input devices?

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sat Oct 3 12:25:53 EDT 2009

I guess you can look at the examples in the sources.
Here's a summary:
You can either use a callback or do it with the blocking function.
The callback would have the following prototype:

int audio_callback(const void *input, void *output, unsigned long
frameCount,
               const PaStreamCallbackTimeInfo *timeInfo,
               PaStreamCallbackFlags statusFlags, void *userData)

which is fairly self-explanatory.

The blocking input is done with all call like this

Pa_ReadStream(handle, buffer, BUFFRAMES);

where handle is your open stream, buffer is where you want to read the data
in
and BUFFRAMES the number of frames you are reading.

Victor