[Portaudio] hot plug

Bjorn Roche bjorn at xowave.com
Fri Jul 9 10:44:33 EDT 2010

Hey David,

Can you resend that patch for hot plugging as an attachment? When you
send it inline it got corrupt and the patch wasn't accepted.
Alternatively, Phil, perhaps it is more appropriate for David to have
an SVN account? I created a branch here for it:
svn co https://www.portaudio.com/repos/portaudio/
and work in branches/hotplug
Note my comments to the list:
I created a branch for this. Not only is this too immature for
upcoming release, but it also deserves some more thought in terms of
implementation. This is really something that aught to be a part of
the core functionality of PortAudio, not a series of different
platform specific lines of code. This is 2010: Every platform supports
hot swapping, and users shouldn't have to learn a different API for
each platform because that goes against the port in portaudio.
	bjorn
Bjorn Roche
XO Wave
Digital Audio Production and Post-Production Software
http://www.xowave.com
http://blog.bjornroche.com
http://myspace.com/xowave