[Portaudio] WASAPI exclusive mode- specify latency crashes

Dmitry Kostjuchenko dmitrykos at iauxsoft.com
Sat Jul 10 04:11:26 EDT 2010

Hello Reid,

Thanks for testing! No problem, I will try further then :) Anyway I started understanding the situation. I just modified patest_wire to test 1024/2048 framesPerBuffer and got damaged audio, I suspect similar to what you are getting. I completely forgot to test these values and was using 64/128 frames (small values are ok).

Because I can now reproduce bad sound with 1024/2048 I will come up with fixes later today. Seems that something is timing out in i/o loop.

Best regards,
Dmitry.