[Portaudio] selecting the sound IO of portaudio?

Phil Burk pburk at mobileer.com
Wed Mar 16 18:57:50 EDT 2011

Hello Michal,

On 3/16/11 3:25 PM, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> It should just be possible to set up a default that actually works
> since portaudio is not able to autodetect one (which, again, some of
> the above can).

PortAudio provides a function Pa_GetDefaultOutputDevice(). Perhaps
espeak is not calling that function.

<http://portaudio.com/docs/v19-doxydocs/portaudio_8h.html#dc955dfab007624000695c48d4f876dc>

It is supposed to autodetect the default device specified using the
system audio control panel. If it doesn't then we should file a bug report.

What platform are you seeing the failures on?  What audio device?

Thanks,
Phil Burk