[Portaudio] Exception in pa_win_wmme.c, line 1936 (waveInClose) if running under debugger

axintos.haase at daimler.com axintos.haase at daimler.com
Fri Mar 2 04:33:26 EST 2012

Hello,

i'm using the current stable release (SVN rev 1788) as a DLL (+ cpp
bindings as static lib) on Windows 7 SP1 x64, compiled using VS 2010 SP1.

If I run the debug build of my program (x86 or x64) under a debugger (CDB
in QtCreator), an exception will occur at program shutdown in
pa_win_wmme.c, line 1936:

 mmresult = waveInClose( ((HWAVEIN*)handlesAndBuffers->waveHandles)[i] );

The exception message is: Code 0xc0000005: read access violation at 0x0.

It will not occur if running without the debugger! In this case the
program will exit cleanly (return code 0).

Is there anything I can do to make this little problem disappear ;) ?

Greetings,

M.

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.