SOME RECENT AND FUTURE EVENTS:
- October 23, 2014:
A number of works, including the new
Empty Theatre, Quasi-concerto for Piano and String Orchestra will be performed at
the SINUS TON festival in Magdeburg, Germany, featuring
Shiau-Uen Ding on the piano. More details on the program
- April 28 2014:
Composition for S#|^^y Piano, Processing, Drum Samples, and Concrete Sounds was performed at
SEAMUS festival/conference featuring
Shiau-Uen Ding on the S|#TT[^y Piano.
My recent album
on the Innova Records label.
The album features 8 tracks with stunning performances of pieces new and old. (Click
on the titles that follow to hear excerpts.) (The album can be purchased from the Innova site.
Wider availability, including iTunes, NAXOS,
etc., as of October 26, 2010.)
Mergurs Ehd Ffleweh Bq Nsolst
- Ecstatic death chants from the planet Mercury. Performed by
- vague, dark, ambient, questions with no answers . . . . .
Abstraction 1 - a meditation for solo violin and drones, performed by Gabriela Diaz
- solo saxophone, Just Intonation electronics, and hyperactive, malfunctioning laser guns, performed by
- solo piano and dark ambient electronics, an attempt to rise from the deep, performed by
- NanoSymph - 4 movement sympony in one minute
Walking Down the Hillside
at Cortona, and Seeing its Towers Rise Before Me
- shards of sonic stained glass for 2 microtonal pianos, performed by
and Ju Ri Seo
- Abstraction 2 - a meditation for piano and violin, performed by
I try to mostly write pieces for specific performers who will play them. But occasionally I stray
from the practical into a land of visionary possibility, and write things without
knowing who will play them. Here are some recent pieces that I'm looking for
- Dream Mornings.
vibrant orchestra piece, not too hard, though for a
big ensemble (I think it's arrangeable for a smaller
one if that would interest you).
- Mask of Mandragora for 3 percussion.
Lots o' textures and colors.
In 2007, I released an album of piano music, featuring my works
fantastically performed by
You can purchase it
In 2005, I was part of a
Korea, and was asked to talk about my
Timelash, that talk is now
Long ago (2002-2004) the Electric Music
Collective released two albums,
Incandescence, which features my works Ow, My Head and Duude,
it here), and
Defiant, which features my works Ooogaah: Dungeony Specimen Spaceship, and
Conceptual Study, and is also available for
purchase from Amazon.com.
If you'd like to chat, drop an e-mail to chris @@a@t@ music.columbia_ddott_edu.
(Ye who are not spam-bots, translate that appropriately. . .)